Sunday 2 May 2010

Being an authentic teacher

I'm very excited to announce that I'm changing. Ten years ago I was inspired by a voice teacher at the top of her game who's methods I adapted and adopted in my own teaching.... trouble is I realised I wasn't being authentic as I was tired after every lesson covered in struggle and riddled with mental tension. The lessons I most enjoyed were the ones where I was totally engaged energetically and emotionally with my client. I would finish the lesson feeling light, open and awake. This has become more and more aparent over the years to the point where now I can't lie to myself anymore. The last week or so of my life has been full of aggresivity, wars of words and power struggles with folk who will remain nameless and being a person who does self inquiry I've asked myself why this has come all at once. The arising situations have highlighted where I havn't acknowledged my own agressivity and for that I am grateful. In two weeks time I'll be going to france to become a Core Singing Instructor. It was my intention to be rid of anything inauthentic so that I could start afresh and come back with a clearer sense of myself so that I could help others engage more fully with who they really are through the art of singing. A truly nice place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment